Dr. Coplan is a board-certified pediatrician, researcher, author, and the sibling of an individual with developmental disability. Until retiring from clinical practice in December of 2014, Dr. Coplan was one of only a handful of physicians holding sub-specialty certification in both Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (D-BP) and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (NDD). Although Dr. Coplan no longer sees children in the office, he remains active as a public speaker and consultant.
Dr. Coplan’s areas of expertise include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (autism, Asperger Syndrome, PDD-NOS, NLD, etc.)
- Behavior Management and psychopharmacology in children with disabilities
- Brain injury in children
- Cerebral Palsy
- Child Development / Developmental Delay / Developmental disabilities
- Delayed Speech / Speech and Language Disorders
- Family function and dysfunction as it relates to children with disabilities
- Hearing Loss in children
- Intellectual Disability (previously, “Mental Retardation”)
- Mental illness in children with developmental disability (“dual diagnosis”)
- Normal child development
- Neurological disorders in children
- Seizure disorders in children with disabilities
- Special education for children with developmental disabilities
- Tics, Tourette Syndrome
Dr. Coplan’s audiences and clients include:
- Attorneys / Other legal professionals / Life Care Planners
- Educators / School Administrators
- Healthcare Professionals (Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, PA’s)
- Parents / Grandparents
- Psychologists / Therapists / Other care providers
- Regional and national organizations focused on children
For more information on Dr. Coplan as a public speaker click here
For more information on Dr. Coplan as a consultant click here
What others are saying…
See & Hear Dr Coplan…
To hear all of Dr. Coplan’s recorded presentations Click here.
News & Views
January 20, 2016
Dr. Coplan speaks at the CEC-DADD Annual Conference in Hawaii with Brenda Smith Myles, Ph.D., a Consultant for the Ziggurat Group, and Scientific Council Board Member with the Organization for Autism Research. Their Pre-Conference Workshop , entitled Mental Health and Behavior Challenges in ASD: Impact and Intervention, is given on January 20th.The 17th Annual CEC-DADD conference is held at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Honolulu, Hawaii from January 20-26th, 2016. Programs integrate research and practice, reflecting the need for evidence-based and practice informed strategies and interventions in Autism Spectrum Disorder, Multiple Disabilities , Assistive & Adaptive Technology, Early Childhood, and Intellectual Disability.
To view all Presentation entries Click here.