Dr. Coplan is a board-certified pediatrician, researcher, author, and the sibling of an individual with developmental disability. Until retiring from clinical practice in December of 2014, Dr. Coplan was one of only a handful of physicians holding sub-specialty certification in both Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (D-BP) and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (NDD). Although Dr. Coplan no longer sees children in the office, he remains active as a public speaker and consultant.
Dr. Coplan’s areas of expertise include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (autism, Asperger Syndrome, PDD-NOS)
- Behavior Management in children with disabilities
- Cerebral Palsey
- Child Development / Developmental Delay / Disabilities
- Delayed Speech / Speech and Language Disorders
- Educational needs of children with disabilities
- Family function as it relates to children with disabilities
- Hearing Loss
- Intellectual Disability (previously, “Mental Retardation”)
- Nonverbal Learning Disability
Dr. Coplan’s audiences and clients include:
- Attorneys / Other legal professionals / Life Care Planners
- Educators / School Administrators
- Healthcare Professionals (Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, PA’s)
- Parents / Grandparents
- Psychologists / Therapists / Other care providers
- Regional and national organizations focused on children
For more information on Dr. Coplan as a public speaker click here
For more information on Dr. Coplan as a consultant click here
What others are saying…
425true thumbnails under 320true true 1000none
See & Hear Dr Coplan…
To hear all of Dr. Coplan’s recorded presentations Click here.
News & Views
August 13, 2015
Texas Region 8 Education Service Center Conference
Dr. Coplan gives a keynote presentation entitled “When Behavior is Not Behavioral” at the Region 8 Education Service Center “Back to School Behavior Blitz” Conference on August 3, 2015. Dr. Coplan will discuss a broad range of neurodevelopmental based maladaptive behaviors and provide strategies to appropriately respond. He also presents two breakout sessions on Behavioral Issues in Preschool Children during the afternoon of August 3rd. The conference will be held at the Region 8 Conference Center at 4845 North US Highway 271, Pittsburg, Texas on August 3rd and August 4th. The Region 8 Education Service Center is one of 20 Regional Education Service Centers within Texas which assists school districts in improving student performance and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of school operations. It is the ESC mission to provide quality services that will prepare students to cope with the challenges of the future.
To view all Presentation entries Click here.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Elephants in the Room
Science in the News